The Content Editor Web Part (CEWP)
The message may mean that it did nothing to your code, reformatted your code (in strange ways), or completely removed your code!
Here’s a before and after of a “reformat”:
Link to your custom code, don’t add it directly to the CEWP
Tip: Name your file with a .HTM extension and then the SharePoint libraries will add a “Edit in SharePoint Designer” link in the file’s dropdown menu!
- After uploading to a library, right-click the file’s name and copy the shortcut
- Go go your SharePoint and insert a Content Editor Web Part
(2010 on the left, 2007 on the right)
- Click the web part’s dropdown menu and click Edit
- Paste the URL to the Notepad file in the Content Link box
- Save your changes and test
And if you have any errors, just open the HTM file in SharePoint Designer, make your changes and save, and then go back to the browser and click refresh! Much faster than constantly editing and save the web part.
Hide the title area
Tip: Don’t “hide” the web part. Just turn off its title bar.